Hospice Huntsville, our friends and supporters hold a number of special events in our community for fundraising and public awareness of our organization.
Attending an event is an excellent way to get involved with Hospice Huntsville fundraising, contribute to our community plus a chance to have a great time!
The Huntsville Half Marathon: Band on the Run
Date: Saturday June 8, 2013
Please visit our Huntsville Half Marathon: Band on the Run page for additional information
Firefighters from our community will gather in Huntsville on Saturday June 8 to raise money for Hospice Huntsville as part of the event “Firefighters Gear Up for Hospice Huntsville” at this year’s Huntsville Half Marathon: Band on the Run.
Local firefighters are looking for your support in running a 5km race distance wearing their full fire fighting gear.
To make this event extra FUN, these firefighters will start in their t-shirts and shorts and will carry additional gear with each contribution. Your contributions are required in advance (now) in order to get them geared up for the event.
Please click here to donate at bandontherun.ca/firefighters-gear-hospice
• Pick a firefighter and donate $50 to put them on the start line ($250 for a fire chief).
• Donate another $50 to add Bunker pants, or a jacket.
• Donate $100 for them to wear a helmet.
• Donate $100 for them to carry a hand tool or fire extinguisher.
• Donate $250 for them to carry a hose/high-rise pack.
• Donate $250 for them to carry a forestry back pack.
• Donate $300 for them to carry a ladder (2 men carry).
• Donate $300 for them to carry a 60 lb Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (Ex. Oxygen tank).
• Donate $1000 for them to carry Rescue Randy – Fire Hall mascot (4 firefighters carry) 180 lbs.
• Donate $3000 to have them pull the fire truck over the last 100m to the finish line!